Sunday, January 16, 2011

What a Strange Day...

It was a strange day. I woke up too late to make it to church--any church, really. I hate setting an alarm for a day I don't have to go to work, so I try to make it to bed at decent hour so I wake on my own.

I went to bed at a decent hour. I still didn't wake up in time.

Fine, alarm clock it is.

Then, I went to Ben & Tricia's early, on account of the family celebration of January birthdays being this evening. I was there for a while, had a little this-and-that to eat (see below), and had to head home because I forgot to pick up a couple of things I was going to need, and somebody needed a ride to work.

Now I'm back home after the family deal, and it feels very odd to be home on a Sunday night. It always does.

Breakfast: Two eggs (one yolk), slice of whole-grain wheat bread, fruit smoothie (yogurt, banana), skim milk with whey protein and cinnamon.

Lunch: Um... nothing, really. While at Ben & Tricia's I had a couple of crackers with some sort of spinach dip on them (I'm pretty sure cream cheese was in there), and I had about two to three cups of potato innards with a bit of butter.

Dinner: Baked chicken (two leg-and-thigh pieces), onions, green peppers, salad (bit of spinach, bit of romaine, some carrots, some egg, light Italian olive oil vinaigrette), a roll, some glazed carrots, cottage cheese, a multi-grain roll, a garlic knot (let's just call it another roll and be done with it), a bit of mac-n-cheese, and a strawberry that had been dipped in dark chocolate. I think that covers it.

I'm hoping this does not wreck my progress toward mini-goal number two, but I can live with it if it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment