Friday, January 28, 2011

A Heavy Heart...

It is with a heavy heart and a slightly-heavier-than-last-week body that I report a gain. It wasn't a huge gain. I would love to walk you through all my thoughts this morning as I realized I had to report this later on (or finally acknowledged to myself that if I didn't report this later on, I would eventually have to argue the point that it was the whole not taking this blogging-about-my-weight-loss seriously may very well have contributed to the massive failure.

I'll also admit part of my mind felt this opened up the floodgates of "eat anything you damn well please".

However, I can report I did not.

I am fairly confident white bread is to blame, although maybe double-servings of chicken twice this week didn't help.

Whatever. New rules, which include exercise. White bread is off the menu forever... or maybe is limited to one serving at the Sunday dinner. And exercise is on the menu. It's going to be walking, as I don't get fancy with exercise. It will start tomorrow. What better day than your birthday to do start doing something you don't want to do?

Okay, I've been dreading admitting this to all of you (I'm guessing about twelve readers at the upper limit, but even that's enough to make me red with shame to know you know my failure). I must get the food typed up and click "Publish Post" before I convince myself otherwise.

Breakfast: Two eggs (one yolk), slice of whole-grain wheat bread, fruit smoothie (yogurt and banana), skim milk with whey protein and cinnamon.

Lunch: Salad (cup of spinach, cup of romaine mix, serving of red pepper, serving of grilled chicken, olive oil, balsamic vinegar), prunes, carrots.

Snack: Mixed nuts, raisins, sharp cheddar cheese.

Dinner: Bottom round, two servings of asparagus, dark chocolate.

Tomorrow is another day.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away.

P.S.: The secret number (that went down for the first time since I started this) is now 6.653.

No comments:

Post a Comment