Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Early Release Day Leads to Late Eating Day

I usually eat lunch at 1:00 or so, as that's when I'm done with kids for the day. (We get about twenty minutes of actual lunch time, and that's from 10:10 to 10:30. Oddly enough, I'm not hungry at that time.)

Today, we got out of school at 12:50. Fool that I am, I figured I'd just take my lunch home and eat it there.

Then I remembered I needed to stop by Quik Trip... and then I remembered I needed to get some groceries--especially if the Storm of the Century was headed this way.

And then Cody texted, and there were errands to run... and I ended up eating lunch at about 4:30, and eating it very quickly because I was between errand-running and lift-giving.

I had a snack around 7:00. And dinner just finished up about seven minutes ago (at 11:30). So I'll be up for a few hours, just so I don't go to bed right after eating. It's not like there's nothing to watch on Netflix, right?

Breakfast: Two eggs (one yolk), slice of whole-grain wheat bread, fruit smoothie (yogurt, banana), skim milk with whey protein and cinnamon.

Lunch: Salad (cup of spinach, cup of romaine mix, serving of red pepper, serving of grilled chicken, balsamic vinegar, olive oil), carrots, apple.

Snack: Prunes, mixed nuts, sharp cheddar cheese.

Dinner: Bottom round, two servings of asparagus, dark chocolate.

Nothing new there. I know. I really need to work on that (he repeated for the gazillionth time).

Okay, I figure if I watch an episode of Lexx or two of Lexx and read some more Sara Paretsky, I should have a few hours under my belt. Beauty is: no school tomorrow, so I can sleep in some!

No comments:

Post a Comment