Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I Guess I Forgot How Little a Pound Is...

When I find myself being amazed at a "big" gain or a "big" drop from one day to the next of a couple of pounds, I have to remind myself a pound isn't that much. It's, you know, a hundred of them that really make a big difference.

Still, it's crazy what a bad day can do, and equally crazy what a good day can fix. I hope I don't become one of those people who gets on a scale every morning. Okay, I hope I don't continue to be one of those people who gets on a scale every morning...

Breakfast: Two eggs (one yolk), slice of whole-grain wheat bread, fruit smoothie (yogurt, banana), skim milk with whey protein and cinnamon.

Lunch: Salad (cup of spinach, cup of romaine mix, serving of red pepper, serving of grilled chicken, olive oil, balsamic vinegar), carrots, apple.

Snack: Mixed nuts, prunes, sharp cheddar cheese.

Dinner: Bottom round, two servings of asparagus (okay, a little under two), dark chocolate.

I really do need to explore some options. I know I keep saying that--well, I keep saying that and the thing about exercise. But I do. I don't want to develop an intolerance, since what I'm doing seems to be doing such a good job. Maybe I'll go explore my fruit & veggie website some more to get ideas.

And maybe make a list of what's in season when, so I can stop getting stuff that's not so good as it could be. (I will say I could write a short informative speech about bananas now, with all the research I did on them last week.)

Anyway: to-do list duly noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment