Tuesday, January 25, 2011

If it Comes Down to a Choice Between Hanging with Friends and Losing Weight, I'll Stay Fat

Had an early birthday dinner with Lyndsey and her boys this evening. The biggest thing is I don't think I'll do a spot-check tomorrow, because I don't want to get to the point where I think, "If I go hang with my friends, I'll end up eating "off the plan" and that's bad." But I ate off the map, and I'll just wait until Thursday to do the whole spot-check thing... giving myself tomorrow to be good.

Of course, I'm supposed to be having dinner over at the Klumb home tomorrow night...

So there you have it.

Breakfast: Two eggs (one yolk), slice of whole-grain wheat bread, fruit smoothie (yogurt and banana), skim milk with whey protein and cinnamon.

Lunch: Salad (cup of spinach, cup of romaine mix, serving of red peppers, serving of grilled chicken, olive oil, balsamic vinegar), prunes, carrots.

Snack: Mixed nuts, raisins, sharp cheddar cheese.

Dinner: Chicken thigh, chicken breast, biscuit with some sort of non-butter, maybe a serving of green beans (with little onions mixed in), about a half cup of macaroni and cheese, and strawberry shortcake (angel food cake with fat-free whipped cream and at least two servings of strawberries).

So yeah, I'd do it all over again, because I enjoy getting to visit with friends and their families. I'm not discouraged, not giving up, and by golly I will lose weight this week, even if I have to chop off an arm to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment