Saturday, January 15, 2011

Thou Shalt Not Over-Deny Thyself... or Thineself... or Whatever...

Debbie's birthday party was today. I was just over an hour and fifteen minutes late to the two-hour event, but I made it, complete with a book for a gift!

However, I opted not to have any cake or ice cream. The holidays did a number on my willingness to "go off script" diet-wise.

Later on--after the cake and ice cream had been put away--I remembered the book I'm using was very adamant about not denying yourself all the time, as you're apt to go bonkers and eat up the nearest case of Ho-Hos or something. I remembered this as I walked by a cheese pizza and thought about picking up a couple of pieces (it was Chicago-cut (or party-cut, if you prefer)), but then told myself I shouldn't have any at all. So I had a couple of pieces. I'm not even going to worry about it, but if I don't make the secret mini-goal this week, I'm going to be ticked!
Breakfast: Two eggs (one yolk), slice of whole-grain wheat bread, fruit smoothie (yogurt, banana), skim milk with whey protein and cinnamon.

Party: Two pieces (squares... well, a square and a edge piece) of cheese pizza. I don't know from where, or what brand, but it might have been Papa Murphy's.

Lunch: Salad (cup of spinach, cup of romaine mix, serving of red pepper, serving of grilled chicken, balsamic vinegar, olive oil), carrots, apple.

Snack: Mixed nuts, prunes, sharp cheddar cheese.

Dinner: Bottom round, two servings of asparagus, dark chocolate.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again (and say it in vain, I'm pretty sure): I need to get a schedule for my days off!

No comments:

Post a Comment