Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Yes, I Can Sit in a Car with Someone Eating Fast Food and Still Turn Down a French Fry.

After we looked at a school today, Cody was hungry (actually, I was, too, but was determined to hold off until I got home, where I could eat a salad, an apple, and some carrots), and I stopped by BK to get him what turned out to be a typical teen lunch (seriously, where does it all go?). The smell did make me wish I had a burger and some fries, but when he offered me a fry, I still managed to turn it down.

He apologized as soon as he offered, actually, but I explained that it was kinda cool to be able to have the willpower to say, "No, I'm good."

Seriously, me and willpower have never traveled in the same circles. Until recently, anyway.

Breakfast: Baked tilapia, slice of double-fiber whole-grain wheat bread, fruit smoothie (yogurt, banana), skim milk with whey protein and cinnamon.

Lunch: Salad (cup of spinach, cup of romaine mix, serving of red pepper, serving of grilled chicken, olive oil and balsamic vinegar), carrots, apple.

Dinner: Bottom round, about two-and-a-half servings of asparagus, sharp cheddar cheese, mixed nuts, raisins, and dark chocolate.

I had to step on the scales this morning. I was just paranoid. All is well. Still, I worry that I worry. Maybe worry is taking up the spot my feeding frenzy used to live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment