Wednesday, December 22, 2010

And ANOTHER Thing About Price Chopper...

Law, I've become someone with an opinion about a grocery store...

But seriously, those self-checkout lanes need to come with an option of "I brought my own bags." I have to set everything down on the bag area, since it also works as a check that I'm not stealing the things I just scanned in, and if I put my bag down there first, it thinks I'm stealing something. So I basically bag after I've rung it all up.

Okay, not the biggest issue in the world, but when you shop like every other day, it gets irritating.

Breakfast: Two eggs (one yolk), slice of double-fiber whole-grain wheat bread, fruit smoothie (yogurt, banana), skim milk with whey protein.

Lunch: Salad (cup of spinach, cup of romaine mix, serving of red pepper, serving of grilled chicken, olive oil, balsamic vinegar), carrots, prunes.

Dinner: Mixed nuts, raisins, sharp cheddar cheese, bottom round, two servings of asparagus, dark chocolate.

I'm still in the air about what to bring to the family deal. I'm seriously thinking of preparing asparagus. Is that un-holiday-y of me? But then I'd take care of a vegetable while I wreck the rest of my meal! Cody has volunteered to make fruit salsa and cinnamon chips, and we're in discussions about how that would work. Since we're having this the day after Christmas, I'd hate to have him spend Christmas day prepping food for an event he won't be at!

Then again, if he becomes a chef, he'll be doing a lot of that.

Whatever, I'm still on the fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment