Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Trouble with Broiling

Actually, what I think is the trouble with broiling probably is not what other people think the trouble with broiling is. My trouble is if I cook asparagus along with broiling the bottom round, I have the hardest time getting them to come out together and being cooked correctly. However, I'm getting close. I think I figured it out today... well, I figured out for sure how not to do it, anyway. What I need is one of those two-oven get-ups that I thought I'd never need... and still don't really believe I do (I honestly don't do a lot of "at the same time" cooking).

Whatever, I'll figure it out.

Breakfast: Two eggs (one yolk), slice of whole-wheat bread, fruit smoothie (yogurt, banana), skim milk with whey protein and cinnamon.

Lunch: Salad (cup of spinach, cup of romaine mix, serving of red pepper, serving of grilled chicken, olive oil, balsamic vinegar), carrots, apple.

Dinner: Bottom round, two servings of asparagus, mixed nuts, raisins, sharp cheddar cheese, dark chocolate.

In other news, my overindulgence this week probably won't cause a gain... but will be causing the loss to be pretty small, I think. I really have to figure out the exercise thing. Crossing the street with Binx two days ago I was "kick walking" along with him, and wasn't winded in the least.

Perhaps the time has come. Perhaps now I can walk a few blocks without panting and wheezing.

Perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment