Friday, December 3, 2010

One of My Best Weeks, Oddly Enough!

Seriously, out of nine weeks, there were only three where I lost more weight than this week. Last week wasn't one of them (actually, last week was third from the bottom, so actually maybe that's where Thanksgiving really kicked my butt).

Breakfast: Two eggs (one yolk), slice of whole-grain wheat bread, fruit smoothie (yogurt, banana), skim milk with whey protein and cinnamon.

Snack: Carrots, apple.

Lunch: Salad (cup of spinach, cup of romaine mix, serving of red pepper, serving of grilled chicken, olive oil, balsamic vinegar).

Dinner: Bottom round, three servings of asparagus, mixed nuts, raisins, sharp cheddar cheese, dark chocolate.

This week's number: 6.200! Hooray!

I've been asked a few times what has motivated me. Maybe that's a long entry on the other blog. I know what has kept me motivated is actually losing. I've never done this before. All I knew how to do before was do what I've always done and hope good things will happen. It is great if you want to gain way too much weight and be told you can't ride amusement park rides!

Seriously, I've never thought about what I eat as much as I think about it now. Or when I eat, even. Or where (I try to avoid having the t.v. on when I eat--and I try in vain to try to have the computer off, but I've decided that will never happen. I don't have a family to visit with, so I'll keep my computer going and read facebook posts or whatever while I eat, thank you.

I don't know. I've never thought about my health so much before now, and most of that stems from the fact I'm having success. I'll have to think about the motivation to start. The rest of it is just inertia.

No comments:

Post a Comment