Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Late Start, but on Track

I was very slow to get up today. VERY slow. And, despite being a little hungry when I went to bed last night (which is the way you're supposed to go to bed, according to the O'Keefes), I wasn't in any rush to make breakfast--and not just because I forgot to buy eggs.

Actually, the plan was to heat up some of the grilled chicken and eat that instead of eggs this morning, then go buy eggs and hard boil a couple and put two of them (one of the yolks, mind you) in my salad instead of the grilled chicken.

Then I just decided to go to the store... and by then it was afternoon, anyway.

And I ran into a Colette there, and we ended up talking forever... so breakfast was way late today.

Breakfast (of sorts): Two eggs (one yolk), slice of whole-grain bread, fruit smoothie (yogurt, banana), skim milk with whey protein and cinnamon.

Lunch: Salad (cup of spinach, cup of romaine mix, serving of red pepper, serving of grilled chicken, olive oil, balsamic vinegar), carrots, apple.

Snack: Mixed nuts, raisins, sharp cheddar cheese.

Dinner: Bottom round, asparagus (3.6 servings, to be exact), dark chocolate.

I keep wanting to try "cooking" my own yogurt, but never get around to it. Maybe Friday. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment