Sunday, December 5, 2010

Potato Night!

Really it was cheat night, but I think of it more as potato night, as this is the one time in a non-holiday week I eat potatoes. It's how I roll. Speaking of rolls, white bread is still a seductive devil.

Breakfast: Two eggs (one yolk), slice of whole-grain wheat bread, fruit smoothie (yogurt, banana), skim milk with whey protein and cinnamon.

Lunch: Salad (cup of spinach, cup of romaine mix, serving of red pepper, serving of grilled chicken, olive oil, balsamic vinegar), carrots, apple.

Dinner: London broil, peas (1.5 servings, maybe), corn (one serving, maybe), mashed potatoes (about a cup).

I don't know how the self-control switched got turned on. I seriously don't. I don't know if the stars aligned, or what. It just did. People keep asking, and all I can think is that I stopped trying and I started doing. The frustrating part is I don't know how to turn that into something that means anything to people lucky enough to live outside my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment