Sunday, October 31, 2010

Two Hours and Thirteen Minutes to Go Before I Can Say I Survived Halloween with NO CHEATING

I think I'll be okay. I've already got someone to take the extra candy off my hands tomorrow, so unless I sleepwalk tonight, we're good to go. Luckily, there were no peanut butter kisses (a candy that people either love or hate, and I love) at Target when I went to replenish the candy stock after trunk-or-treating after church today, or I'd be falling off the wagon about... three hours ago or so. Maybe eight.

Oh, and I went to Ben & Tricia's this afternoon instead of this evening, so I could be home to guard the house hand out candy to the trick-or-treaters. So I am not using my "free meal" tonight (thus the need to stay totally candy-free (barring my less-than-two-ounces of dark chocolate).

Breakfast: Catfish, slice of double-fiber whole grain bread, fruit smoothie (yogurt, banana, strawberry), skim milk with whey protein.

Snack: Apple.

Lunch: Salad (cup of spinach, cup of romaine, serving of red pepper, serving of grilled chicken, half a tomato, olive oil, balsamic vinegar).

Dinner: Bottom round, two servings of asparagus, mixed nuts, raisins, sharp cheddar cheese, glass of red wine, dark chocolate.

While going through my cookbooks trying to help Cody figure out what to cook for the competition he's going to in February, I found out I have a cookbook that gives the skinny on a lot of fruits and vegetables. I'm quite thrilled by this discovery--not that I don't like the websites I've been going to, mind you. It's just nice to have it available in book form (and has some more information than I've been finding at the sites I've been using).

Side note: I've been doing this for a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment