Friday, October 22, 2010

Shopping List

The nice thing about eating just about the same thing every day (while trying to mix up the fruit/vegetable selection--albeit without much success) does have one benefit: It should make it easier to make a shopping list!

It should.

So guess who forgot to buy bananas? ::sigh:: Oh, and I'm almost out of dark chocolate--but I can live without that. I mean, it's supposed to be like this super-something-or-other, but I'll live without that. I'll live without the bananas, too, I suppose, but a smoothie is a much easier way to eat plain non-sweetened non-fat yogurt. Seriously.

Anyway, I have enough for the next couple of days, so I'm not too worried about it. I just wouldn't have had to go to the store this weekend if I'd bought those two things.

Oh, and I bought a totally suck tomato, which ticks me off. I thought I felt them both up really well, but I guess not.

Breakfast: Catfish, fruit smoothie (yogurt, banana, strawberry), and skim milk with whey protein. Also, a baby aspirin, a multivitamin, and two fish oil pills (frozen). I take those every day, but I don't usually throw them in here. Now it's here. Just assume I'm taking them daily.

Snack: Carrots and an apple--and a plot summary of Among the Hidden. The latter was courtesy of a 7th grade girl who love that book.

Lunch: Salad (cup of spinach, cup of romaine mix, serving of grilled chicken, half a tomato, olive oil, balsamic vinegar... I didn't miss anything--I was out of red peppers and didn't realize it until I was making the salad).

Pre-Dinner Snack: Sharp cheddar cheese, nuts, raisins.

Dinner: Bottom round steak, two (maybe three) servings of broccoli (steamed), a glass of wine, and dark chocolate.

I'm not sure how much water I had today. One of my faithful readers (one of the three) told me today she wanted to mention I should be getting between 8 and 9 hours of sleep a night--and since Blogger is so kind as to post the time on here... well, she knows I must not be getting that.

Ratted out by Blogger. Dang.

Anyhow, yes, sleep is one of the things I'm working on. I have the CPAP and everything. I'm sorta used to it, but it's still in the "slip and make a loud noise" stages, so I frequently half-wake to adjust it. Yuck.

Okay, I have some television to watch. I'm thinking about falling asleep in front of it. But I need to stay up a few more hours, because I ate about 45 minutes ago (yes, bad me... but I had to go to the store).

Addendum (10/23/10, 9:11a.m.): I forgot the magic number: 5.794 (didn't lose as much this week as last week, so time to really look at what I'm doing... maybe it is the 8-9 hours of sleep, but I can probably be a little more strict about my "abouts" (about a cup, about 6 ounces, about a serving, etc.). And also, I forgot to mention my slice of whole grain bread at breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment