Friday, October 15, 2010

Pop! Goes the Snack Time

Hey, turns out I should have re-read the book (or at least huge chunks of it) before I dove back into this. I've been missing a whole grain element... or a whole whole-grain element, anyway. I knew there was a reason I bought that rough-cut oatmeal! Anyway, I read up on how much air-popped popcorn I could have (okay, I tried to read up on it, but this book's index kinda sucks), and eventually looked some stuff up online and decided three cups of popcorn would be okay, and then made about 6 cups (I need to find the pre-popped to post-popped ratio somewhere I guess), and went ahead and ate that.

So I went a little off script, but I don't know if I went "off plan".

Breakfast: Two eggs (one yolk), fruit smoothie (yogurt, banana, strawberry), and milk with whey protein (side note: I've been under-doing the dairy product thing, too--but at least I got a start on what is BASICALLY the program I wanted to use).

Snack: Apple, carrots, conversations with 7th grade students (and Mrs. Manchion).

Lunch: Salad (cup of spinach, cup of romaine mix, serving of red peppers (note: anybody else shop at the Sun-Fresh up here by me--because I was wondering if anyone else thought their selection of red peppers right now maybe fell off the truck or something), serving of grilled chicken, half a tomato (mushed up), olive oil, balsamic vinegar).

Snack: Mixed nuts.

Dinner: Sharp cheddar cheese, catfish, asparagus (two servings), and raisins.

Post-Dinner Snack: Dark chocolate, air-popped popcorn (6 cups, I'd guess) with cinnamon sprinkled on.

This week's magic number: 5.770

That was a little disappointing, but even if it wasn't a scale malfunction, I kinda expected the size of my loss to drop as whatever happens in the body at the first of such a diet change stops happening... or whatever. I just knew not to expect as huge a drop. It still sucked, though. I'd reach my goal in like 25 weeks or something if I lost that every week!

I guess I need to start tracking my water consumption, too. I don't want to do it, because it's a huge pain. I just like to drink the stuff, not track it. I'm sure I'm getting my 64 ounces or whatever it is I'm supposed to be getting... but it's that confidence that makes me think maybe I'm not and I just think I am.

I will say I'm feeling more energy than I have for a while. The change in the diet and the fact I'm getting along so well with the C-PAP machine are probably the two biggest factors there, I think.

Anybody got any suggestions for a good whole grain bread?

No comments:

Post a Comment