Wednesday, October 6, 2010

If They Took Blood Today, Do I Get to Eat More?

Went to see the doctor today. So much for that apple-a-day thing. Nothing exciting to report, other than they took my blood, and refused to give it back.

No exercise. Shut up.

Breakfast: Seriously, I'm in a rut. I don't mind, except for when I type it and think, "People are judging me for being in a rut." Anyway: Two eggs, one yolk. Skim milk with whey protein. Fruit smoothie (yogurt, banana, strawberry, raspberry). The regular pills.

Snack: Carrots. (I was out of apples, and forgot to pick some up at the store yesterday. Don't worry, I went to the store after I got done with the appointment with the doctor, so I still got an apple today (worthless at keeping the doctor away as they've turned out to be).)

Lunch: Seriously, this was at 3:15 or so. No lie. And the funny thing is, I wasn't all that hungry, but knew if I didn't have lunch I had no shot at getting my five vegetable servings in. Salad (cup of romaine mix, cup of spinach, serving of red peppers, mushed up tomato half, serving of chicken, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, shake until all mixed up), serving of mixed nuts, apple (worthless thing).

Dinner: Catfish, grapes, wine, sharp cheddar cheese. Oh, and water. I'm not a huge fan of wine, so I have to chase it down with water. Or food. Or both.

Last huzzah snack: You know I'm going to have some dark chocolate before bed, right?

Random thoughts: I don't know that raspberries and I get along. Seriously, I think they make me a little urpy. Or maybe it's the strawberries. I haven't worked it out yet, and as long as I'm not projectile-hurling, I guess I'm not going to worry about it too much. Also, I think I'm going to be okay with going to the grocery store a lot until I figure out a good plan for this. At least when you go and buy milk and a bunch of fruits and vegetables, people view you as a healthy person. I mean until they look at the big overweight blob that is you (and I mean the you that is me). Then they're all judge-y and stuff.

Oh, and super-kudos to me for buying cookies for my 6th hour last night and having the sense to leave them in the car so they wouldn't keep talking to me. And when there were 13 left over today, extra-super-kudos to me for handing them to Koenig before I left the building. No, this "program" isn't all "never eat the wrong thing, ever", but I'd like to make it through my first week without doing anything horrible.

Now, when did I start doing this? When is this week up? I want the occasional cookie, consarn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment