Monday, October 4, 2010

One Fruit Short Of A Hat For Carmen Miranda

Okay, just kidding. I didn't have that much fruit today, but I actually did end up a serving short, which I don't like. I guess I could scarf 16 grapes down while I type this... That reminds me, I need to buy raisins.

Exercise: Tomorrow. No lie. I'm getting up at 5:00. Anybody who wants to sent a text at 5:00 in the morning (Central Time), that probably wouldn't hurt. Seriously. I suck at waking up, especially early. Also, I'm not sure what sort of exercise to do on the days I don't walk the 2 miles. Suggestions?

Breakfast: Two eggs (one yolk), fruit smoothie (yogurt, strawberries, raspberries... I forgot I needed bananas last night when I opted not to go to the store), skim-milk-with-whey-protein. And of course my daily pills, which I haven't written about here, but the fish oil and the multivitamin are part of "the program".

Snack: While the kids lunched, I ate an apple. What I don't like about apples is how they turn brown before I get done eating them. That's of the grossness. But I like apples.

Lunch: Had this late. It was probably 2:15 before I got around to it. Salad: about a cup of romaine mix, a cup of spinach, a serving of red peppers, half a tomato mushed to death, chicken, olive oil, balsamic vinegar. I brought a serving of carrots to school, but forgot to eat them (left them in the fridge in the lounge). Tomorrow. I still wasn't short a veggie, so I'm good.

Dinner: Bottom round, two servings of steamed broccoli, glass of wine.

Post-prandial nosh: handful of mixed nuts, about 30g of cheese cubes (sharp cheddar), dark chocolate.

I've opted not to eat the grapes. I'm getting ready to go to bed now (hoping to be asleep by 9:00, but odds are there's some Algebra II or Mythology homework I'm going to get a text about later, so that may turn into a short nap). So I'll just be short a fruit today. But those grapes better not go bad or I'm gonna be so mad at me for not eating them.

No comments:

Post a Comment