Sunday, October 3, 2010

Half-Day

I woke up late. I had a headache. I didn't leave my room for an insane number of hours other than to get up and use the restroom. It was not an active day. I did not have all my fruits and veggies. I even ate some stuff that's in the "don't eat" column. But I'm still gonna call it a good day.

Exercise: I laugh at this. Seriously, I'm laughing right now. On the inside.

Breakfast (had at a time I refuse to divulge her, on the grounds it would make people gasp and judge me): Two eggs (one yolk), fruit smoothie (yogurt, banana, kiwi, strawberry), milk-with-whey-protein.

Snack: 1 serving of baby carrots. Dark chocolate. Mixed nuts.

Dinner/Supper: Steak, serving of green beans, serving of corn, less that 1 cup of mashed potatoes. Maybe some butter mixed in with that corn (and the potatoes), and some bacon mixed in with the green beans. NOTE: Almost every Sunday night I eat dinner with the Hart family, and I'm not gonna request anything special there--I'm just going to try to eat what is served in moderation. It's a word. Look it up. Seriously, I didn't know this word existed, apparently.

Thoughts: There are things in my life I need to fix. I'll work on that. Also, I was dead tired last night without taking my melatonin. What's that about?

I have everything prepared for lunch tomorrow. Bought a couple of bottles to carry olive oil and vinegar in. Will also be bringing the slap-chopper (don't know which one I have... just know I have one) to school to mush up some tomato for my salad.

Seriously, exercise starts Tuesday. Need to get a good mix of songs together on the ipod, though. Not that I won't walk without one, mind you. Tuesday. This I swear to you. Barring invasion by alien killer bugs or something.

3 comments:

  1. Mark, when you first start on a restricted-calorie diet, you can feel fatigued more easily, which may explain why you were wiped out without the melatonin. You do eventually get used to the new intake, and the body does get better at releasing stored energy instead of relying on incoming calories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chris!

    I am a little worried about my walk in the morning--hope it doesn't zap me for the rest of the day. But whatever, I'll deal with whatever happens, eh?

    Hooray! Two comments already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found that physical activity (like walking, not like, say, sprinting for an hour) actually helps a bit...I actually feel better the rest of the day after a morning cardio session...(pump-pump-a-pump-a-pump-a-pump pumps your blood)

    Of course, getting enough sleep and staying well-hydrated are also key, but it sounds like you've got a good plan going, and adding a little activity to it certainly won't hurt...particularly since once you get the muscles going, they'll draw a little more energy even when you're doing nothing (repairing, rebuilding, adding on to meet the new demand)

    'course, if you want a treatise on the benefits of walking, Joni Booher does a great deal of it daily...

    ReplyDelete