Tuesday, October 19, 2010

How Do You Forget Lunch?

Seriously, it was so crazy today at school, I forgot to eat lunch. I normally have a snack with the kids when they lunch at 10:10, and eat my lunch at 1:00 or so. Today I was so busy doing last-minute grading (it's all on me, as much as I'd like someone else to take the blame) that I forgot to eat.

On the up side, I didn't really feel hungry.

Anyway, it messed up the whole "don't eat after 7:30" thing, that's for sure, and so I'm still up. Whatever.

Breakfast: Catfish, slice of whole grain bread, fruit smoothie (yogurt, banana, strawberry), skim milk with whey protein.

Snack: Carrots, apple, latest 7th grade gossip.

Lunch (at about 5:00): Salad (cup of spinach, cup of romaine, serving of red peppers, serving of grilled chicken, half a tomato, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and I'm wondering of the three people who read this regularly, how many of you actually read this part and know I've gone off script here), mixed nuts, raisins, cheese.

Dinner (way past 7:30): Bottom round, three servings of asparagus, glass of wine, dark chocolate.

Anybody else notice how badly I'm doing at keeping track of my water intake? I probably down about 8 cups of water in the evening. I should probably do a better job spreading that out through the day, huh?

I'm really nervous that I'm going to gain this week, so I need to start refining this diet and make sure I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. The problem is, all this information is spread throughout the whole book, and I have to keep searching... and don't even get me started on the index. Seriously, it's a diet-and-lifestyle book. If there's a food mentioned in the book, shouldn't it be listed in the index?

Okay, I have some pictures to upload, and then I'm hittin' the sack. At least I don't have to sleep with an oxygen monitor on my wrist and finger tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment