Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I Had to Eat Some Grapes Because I Ran Out of Fruit Jokes

Yes, I have one fruit joke, and it's about Carmen Miranda's hat. But seriously, I'm finishing up a serving of grapes right now, just to make my fruit quota for the day.

So, about that exercise: Didn't happen. I could go into the long boring details here, but the short version is I didn't fall asleep for the longest time last night, so when I was up at 2:00 I set the alarm for 6:00 and said, "Forget it." The day went downhill from there, but the reason I didn't walk this evening after it got dark was a good reason and I got to see some friends I haven't seen for a while and some friends I should see much more often. I guess I could go walk right now, but I think that would make getting to sleep a bit difficult--and it's cold in the house and the shower I'd insist on having after would mean sleeping with wet hair in a cold house... and I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, and I don't want to go in with the sniffles.

Yeah, good thing I didn't go into the whole exercise thing. If not going into it was that long, imagine the novel of going into it!

Breakfast: Two eggs, one yolk. Skim milk with whey protein. Fruit smoothie (yogurt, banana, strawberry).

Snack: At lunch with the kids I ate an apple and some baby carrots.

Lunch: For lunch (at 1:15 or so) I had that same salad I've been having--well, not the SAME salad, because: gross, but you get the idea. About a cup of romaine blend, about a cup of spinach, serving of red pepper, about a cup of chicken (argh, I just realized I need to grill some chicken for tomorrow's salad... poop), half a tomato, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Dinner: Bottom round (I did buy fish today, so I can do the fish thing a couple of times a week--maybe for breakfast, too), steamed broccoli, and a glass of wine.

Post-visit-with-friends snack: Mixed nuts, grapes... and maybe some dark chocolate if I get to it. Odds are I will, since I will be up a little longer getting some chicken George-Foreman-ified.

Oh, I am also drinking water every day, but don't know that I'm making my 8 cups or whatever it is I'm supposed to be having. Maybe that will be another focus area with the whole "why ain't you exercisin'" thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment