Thursday, October 28, 2010

And Now My Fridge is Full of Yogurt

I went shopping today. First, it was payday, and secondly, I had some time... after dinner.

And I thought, "yogurt stays good for months--according to the date stamped on the package, anyway--so I'm just going to buy a month's worth and thus save myself from having to buy one more thing on these every-few-days runs to the store". And so I did. And now my fridge has much less space and much more in the way of plain "no sugar added" yogurt.

Breakfast: Two eggs (one yolk), slice of whole grain bread, fruit smoothie (yogurt, bananas, raspberry), skim milk with whey protein.

Snack: Prunes, carrots, and a tearful tale of boy trouble from a young lady who deserves better. Actually, I didn't get the tale. I just got that the tears were because of boy trouble. I told her he wasn't worth it. I probably should have found out more first, I suppose.

Lunch: Salad (cup of spinach, cup of romaine mix, serving of red peppers, serving of grilled chicken, olive oil,, balsamic vinegar).

Snack: Mixed nuts and raisins.

Dinner: Bottom round, about a serving-and-a-half of steamed broccoli.

Post-shopping treat: Dark chocolate.

I bought my Halloween candy tonight. I really tried to buy stuff I wouldn't want to eat, but I'm finding I'm not drawn too much to that stuff. Mostly I think of things like pizza or fast food more than sweets. I guess at Hannah's birthday party the thought of having some cake crossed my mind... but, as I said before, part of me worries that if I have a little I'll suddenly give myself permission to have a lot!

I need to write down the other kinds of fish I should be eating. Catfish is great and all, but I want to mix it up a bit. Also, I want to experiment with other fruits. I really have some sort of strange fear of trying other things.

I keep wanting to try different types of apples, but then buy the ones I've gotten every time (Red Delicious). I'm thinking a banana-pineapple smoothie would taste really good, too... especially if I can mix it with some coconut (but I have to research coconut in relation to this program... I mean coconut I actually get from a real coconut--it's probably a given the type you buy in a bag is frowned upon by "the program"). Anyway: research first, then purchase.

Okay, I ramble, and have watched zero television for two days. My mind and body are so confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment