Monday, March 28, 2011

Last Thursday...

I'm going to do a separate post for each day I'm behind. It's a painful few days to post here, so feel free to skip these and just trust me that I didn't eat well while I was "off the grid". I didn't have a lot of choice in food... but that doesn't excuse how bad things went this evening. More on that a few posts from now... Here's last Thursday:

Breakfast: Two eggs (one yolk), slice of whole-grain wheat bread, fruit smoothie (banana and yogurt), skim milk with whey protein and cinnamon.

Lunch: Salad (cup of spinach, cup of Romaine mix, serving of bell peppers (red, orange, yellow, and green mix), serving of grilled chicken, olive oil, balsamic vinegar), carrots, apple.

Dinner: Two cups of chicken noodle soup, carrots, brownie.

Snack: Oat-N-Honey granola bar (package of two), apple.

Anyone who has read more than two of these things knows I obviously went "off the grid" at some point after lunch.

I was not going to be home on Friday, so I did my weigh-in for this week on Thursday. No big loss. I mean, I didn't lose a lot. The magic number for last week was 7.087. Remember, this is not pounds lost or anything--it's just a goofy number system I came up with so I don't have to tell anyone just how fat I was when I started this... until I'm far enough away from it not to be all red-in-the-face about it. The goal is somewhere between 9.524 and 9.756 (I was originally shooting for 10, but the doc said I was good if I fell in that range there), so that's still miles to go before I can stop worrying so much when I lose less than a pound one week (or gain a fraction of a pound even).

No comments:

Post a Comment