Monday, March 21, 2011

Brussels Sprouts!

Consider Brussels sprouts added to my veggie rotation! I bought a bunch today (a serving is four of them, in case you're wondering, although I have to think that would actually vary depending on size... but whatever) and steamed 8 of them for dinner. They were of the yumness!

Breakfast: Two eggs (one yolk), slice of whole-grain wheat bread, fruit smoothie (yogurt and banana), skim milk with whey protein and cinnamon.

Lunch: Salad (cup of spinach, cup of romaine mix, serving of bell peppers (red, orange, yellow, and green mix), serving of grilled chicken, olive oil, balsamic vinegar), carrots, apple.

Dinner: Bottom round, two servings of steamed Brussels sprouts, sharp cheddar cheese.

Snack: Mixed nuts, dark chocolate, prunes.

Yeah, I have mixed nuts and dark chocolate in the house again. It ticks me off to think my willpower is going to lose, so I am grabbing it by the collar and shaking it, telling it to get back in there and show those stupid food cravings who's boss...

Hope that works out for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment