Friday, November 5, 2010

Woo-Hoo! Landmark!

Okay, not a huge landmark, but still: have passed the 20-pound landmark. In 5 weeks I have lost over 20 pounds. Granted, that first week was a huge chunk, but I'm still happy that I've done this much.

You have to understand, this is the first real concerted effort in dieting I've ever made (and if you think the word "concerted" doesn't apply here, you've never been in my head), and I'm feeling pretty good about it. Granted, I'm thinking about changing up some of the regular meals (the salad is still delicious, but I'm starting to see the point where I might decide I never want to eat another salad).

Breakfast: Two eggs (one yolk), slice of double-fiber whole-grain bread, fruit smoothie (yogurt, banana, strawberry), and skim milk with whey protein.

Snack: Prunes, carrots, and still no book club of two. He said he read the chapter, but it was obvious he hadn't.

Lunch: Salad (cup of spinach, cup of romaine mix, serving of red pepper, serving of grilled chicken, half a tomato, olive oil, balsamic vinegar).

Snack: Mixed nuts, raisins, sharp cheddar cheese.

Dinner: Bottom round, two servings of broccoli, dark chocolate, red wine.

And the magic number? Here it is: 5.949 (the goal is 10)! I remember just five weeks ago when I was at 5.609!

Okay, I'm out. I have things to do, and happiness to... experience, or whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment