Sunday, November 21, 2010

I Feel Like I've Gone WAY Off the Reservation

It's been an odd 24 hours or so. Ben's in the hospital, I picked up the girls from the hospital and spent the night at the Hart home, and today I didn't go shopping because I spent most of my day watching the girls.

And that's all good, as I'm learning to "try to eat right" while not following my same-thing-just-about-every-day routine. I just feel like I've done a horrible job of it. Let's see...

Breakfast: Slice of whole-grain wheat bread with one tablespoon organic peanut butter, fruit smoothie (yogurt and banana), skim milk with whey protein and cinnamon.

Lunch: Some sort of barbecue beef, carrots.

Snack: More carrots.

Dinner: Steak, baked tilapia, couple of servings of asparagus, about a cup-and-a-half (maybe two cups) of pasta with butter and Parmesan cheese. I'd feel bad about that last one, but this is my official "cheat" meal every week.

So I guess I did somewhat okay with veggies (I am trying for five or six servings of late, but I'm okay with four), and one out of three or four servings of fruit, I can live with. I knew I should have eaten that apple that was in Ben & Tricia's fridge, though.

Let me tell you, a pantry full of things not on the approved list is a huge temptation. Luckily I've gotten good at distracting myself from fake hunger, or I'd have had a couple of cupcakes and several handfuls of chips.

I don't know, maybe I did go a little far off the prescribed path. I guess I'll know how I feel about it at weigh-in on Friday (or, actually, tomorrow when I do a check-in first thing in the morning).

No comments:

Post a Comment