Thursday, February 10, 2011

There's a Lot of Crap Out There

I was at the grocery store to pick up chicken and eggs (I picked up the chicken first, if you're wondering which one came first), and it hit me how much of the store I don't even look at.

It hit me because I actually looked at it.

There's a lot of crap out there. Most of it is starch, really. Or it seemed to me today as I was being amazed at how much of the store I no longer pay much attention to.

When I reach my goal, I do plan to occasionally indulge in small amounts in "bad" things--if nothing else, just to take a break from the seemingly constant prep, prep, prep that my life is these days (you don't know how badly I did not want to cut up, grill, and cut up this chicken tonight). Of course, that will have to be partnered with some sort of physical exertion to compensate, but I'm just saying.

Or, who knows. Maybe I'll be so used to things as they are now I won't feel the need. I usually only feel the need when I'm hungry right that instant and want something I can just open a package and eat.

Or, maybe I'll never reach my goal. It's a universe of possibilities out there.

Or, rather, in here...

Breakfast: Two eggs (one yolk), slice of whole-grain wheat bread, fruit smoothie (yogurt and banana), skim milk with whey protein and cinnamon.

Lunch: Salad (cup of spinach, cup of romaine mix, serving of peppers (red, orange, yellow, green mix), serving of grilled chicken, olive oil, balsamic vinegar).

Dinner: Mixed nuts, prunes, baked tilapia, two servings of broccoli, sharp cheddar cheese, dark chocolate.

And yes, I did end up cutting up, grilling, and cutting up that chicken. I just really didn't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment