Monday, February 21, 2011

No Official Goal Weight

So my main reason (other than my labs) for seeing the doctor today was to ask what my goal weight should be. Lately, when people ask me how much more I have to go and I tell them, they are all shocked and whatnot, and make me think maybe I'm acting all Karen Carpenter or something.

Well, Dr. Krumm told me he wasn't worried about a weight so much as a body fat percentage or some such thing I ain't got no scale for at home. Luckily, he's learned enough about me in my few visits to see him to know that answer wasn't going to fly without my telling him...

So I now have a goal weight. Translated to the secret number system on here, it's roughly between 9.5 and 9.75. I may still shoot for 10, but I'm not sure. I may throw it out the window if I decide to try to build muscle mass (which I never anticipated thinking about doing, but he was sorta talking about that today as if it was something I should consider... because apparently I'm losing muscle mass or something while I'm losing fat).

Also, I need to start exercising. I actually was going to start walking with Heather this Sunday, but I forgot to mention that to her, so it didn't happen. I must e-mail her as soon as I'm done posting here. Or maybe I'll pause this typing to do that typing.

Breakfast: Two eggs (one yolk), slice of whole-grain wheat bread, fruit smoothie (yogurt and banana), skim milk with whey protein and cinnamon.

Lunch: Salad (cup of spinach, cup of romaine mix, serving of bell peppers (red, orange, yellow, and green), serving of grilled chicken, olive oil, balsamic vinegar), carrots, apple.

Dinner: Mixed nuts, prunes, sharp cheddar cheese, bottom round, two servings of asparagus, dark chocolate.

The next few days are going to be strange. I'm out of town, and won't really have time for lunch tomorrow until I arrive in Phoenix. Maybe a snack--apple and carrots, maybe. We'll see.

And my weigh-in this week will be Friday evening, not Friday morning. Apparently I should be weighing in in the evening, anyway--or so sayeth Leslie, and I trust her.

No comments:

Post a Comment