Sunday, February 20, 2011

Beyond Cheat Night (A Tale of Feeding Frenzy Shame)

So I shouldn't have bragged about keeping pizza rolls in the house. It was like tempting fate.

Here's what happened: Jordan's here, and she wanted pizza rolls. Her eyes were bigger than her stomach. Every time I passed by the plate of remaining pizza rolls, I would smell them and think, "It's been a long time since I had one of those."

So I ate one. No big. It's allowed. Eat whatever it is in a small amount and then move on.

Then I thought, "Well, have another, then."

And I did.

And another. And another.

All the while I'm making my perfectly healthy dinner, I"m eating pizza rolls.

Next thing I know, they're all gone.

And I'm all about the moving on and learning from this. I really am. It's just I go to the doctor tomorrow, and I could have picked a better night for losing it!

Lesson: don't leave prepared pizza rolls where I can eat them.

Breakfast: Two eggs (one yolk), slice of whole-grain wheat bread, fruit smoothie (yogurt and banana), skim milk with whey protein and cinnamon.

Lunch: Salad (cup of spinach, cup of romaine mix, serving of bell peppers (mix of red, orange, yellow, and green), serving of grilled chicken, olive oil, balsamic vinegar.

Dinner: According to the package, I had a little over 5 servings of sausage pizza rolls (yeah, I'm terrible, I know), bottom round, two servings of broccoli, serving of asparagus, dark chocolate.

Yes, I went ahead and ate dinner. I wanted the vegetables, and I'd already had the bottom round in the oven by the time I killed the pizza rolls. Better day tomorrow, right? Although I can't eat until after my appointment at 10:30.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Mark. I know the allure of the pizza roll - all too well. You're obviously doing an amazing job with the weight loss/health thing - I am so proud for you. I fell victim to the Ding Dong...box this weekend.
    So, Forward Ho! for us!

    ReplyDelete