Thursday, February 17, 2011

Adjusting

I woke up this morning feeling dead tired and twice as ugly. One of the first thoughts that hit me as I trudged toward the kitchen was, "I have to make breakfast, lunch, and dinner right now."

It was another conference night tonight, and if I wanted to eat what I have been eating every single day--and eat it before 7:30 at night, which is the goal--I'd have to cook dinner while I prepared breakfast and lunch, let dinner cool while I showered and changed, then package it up to put in the fridge at school to heat tonight.

Well, my mind wasn't havin' it. It decided the way to go was just ignore the whole "before 7:30" thing, as I could sleep in a bit tomorrow, and thus didn't have to go to bed as early (even though I knew I'd be extremely tired about right now and would want to fall asleep as soon as possible... tired logic is not the same as regular logic).

So I just packed the usual snack instead of an actual dinner, and at that to tide me over until I could go to the store for some veggies and then head home to make an actual dinner.

Breakfast: Two eggs (one yolk), slice of whole-grain wheat bread, fruit smoothie (yogurt and banana), skim milk with whey protein.

Lunch: Salad (cup of spinach, cup of romaine, serving of peppers (mix of red, orange, yellow, and green), serving of grilled chicken, olive oil, balsamic vinegar), carrots, apple.

Snack: Sharp cheddar cheese, mixed nuts, prunes.

Dinner: Bottom round, two-to-three servings of broccoli, dark chocolate.

Tomorrow is an in-service day, so I'll be eating lunch out. Rest assured, grilled chicken and some sort of vegetable option. No worries... right?

I should also state for the record (because I'm a bit proud of the fact... which makes me nervous, as pride goeth before the fall) that I keep pizza rolls, bagel bits, and mini-snickers in the house, and have for quite some time now. They're not for me, and I don't eat them. There have been moments where I consider it, but I talk myself out of it. I don't know how I'm doing it, but somehow my attitude towards eating has changed. Sometimes I think it changed overnight, but that doesn't seem likely, does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment