Saturday, February 19, 2011

How Prunes Turned into a Full-On Snack

That's not what prunes usually turn into, is it?

First, let me say I've started to wonder if my brain intentionally gets confused around prune number 4 or 5 as to whether or not I'm on the last prune or not. See, I like the prunes, and my minimal research has told me a serving is 5 of them. However, I get to number 5 (or do I?) and wonder if maybe it's actually number 4. Really, I start the process around number 3 (or 2?). So my theory now is my brain intentionally screws up the counting so I can get an extra one. The secret here is to not eat them from the container any more, and just get five out. But I like them so.

Second, I ate at the memorial party for Marilyn tonight, but I didn't get my last serving of fruit in, so I said to myself, "Just have the prunes when you get home." That turned into the full-on snack for some reason. I guess I was hungry, and should just go with it.

Breakfast: Two eggs (one yolk), slice of whole-grain wheat bread, fruit smoothie (yogurt and banana), skim milk with whey protein (I just now realized I skipped the cinnamon this morning, as I was trying to make breakfast for Binx, as well--and if you're wondering, he had a slice of whole-grain wheat bread, a glass of milk with Ovaltine, and raisins (maybe 20 of them).

Lunch: Salad (cup of spinach, cup of romaine mix, serving of peppers (mix of red, orange, yellow, and green), serving of grilled chicken, olive oil, balsamic vinegar), carrots, apple. (Binx had peppers... and more peppers... and more peppers... and about one cheese pizza bagel bite (Cody was kind enough to finish the rest of them off before we took him to work)... and then later Binx had more peppers, just to chase down that little bit of bagel bite (in fact, he cleaned me out of peppers, and I had to go to the store after the memorial party tonight).)

Dinner: Chicken, serving of broccoli, serving of carrots, about a cup of baked beans.

Post-dinner snack: Mixed nuts, prunes, sharp cheddar cheese... oh, and dark chocolate (because I didn't allow myself cake at the memorial party, and my body was all mad about that... or the brain was all mad... something was all mad about it, anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment