Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Genie of the Banana

Does anyone remember the Genie of the Banana from Captain Kangaroo? I don't know that he was on more than once, but I remember his song some 30-odd years later. It goes through my head when I slice up bananas to put in the freezer.

The bananas I cut up tonight were on their way to being mush. I'm being brave and freezing them anyway and putting them in the smoothies. I figure I'm blending them up with yogurt, so all I care about is the flavor. They look like hell in spots, but the smell very banana-y.

Breakfast: Two eggs (one yolk), slice of whole-grain wheat bread, fruit smoothie (yogurt and banana), skim milk with whey protein and cinnamon.

Lunch: Salad (cup of spinach, cup of romaine, serving of peppers (mix of red, orange, yellow, and green), serving of grilled chicken, olive oil, balsamic vinegar), carrots, apple.

Dinner: Mixed nuts, prunes, bottom round, three servings of asparagus, sharp cheddar cheese, dark chocolate.

I'm going out of town for a thing next week. I guess I need to start planning what I'm going to eat when I don't have my blender, fridge, stove, etc. handy, huh?

1 comment:

  1. I thought I was the only one in the world who remembered the Banana Genie! Everyone I ask about it thinks I'm nutts. I was starting to think my childhood mind must have made it up. Tell me this - was it Flip Wilson? Anyway...

    B-A-N-A-N-A...
    B-A-N-A-N-A...

    Banana!
    Banana!

    Thank you for saving my sanity :)

    ReplyDelete