Monday, April 11, 2011

I Walk in the Dark for a Reason...

Okay, so I did my walk during daylight hours tonight, and it was terrible.

No, it wasn't the heat. No, it wasn't the people seeing me dare to try to improve myself (this seriously used to be a concern, until I realized it was insane, so now I pretend I don't feel that way so as to appear to be more sane than I am). And no, it was not that I am a vampire and cannot be exposed to direct sunlight.

The problem is I usually want to mouth the words and maybe even dance around a bit when songs I know well play on my Pandora station.

So I'll have to get back to an early-morning/late-evening walk plan, methinks.

Breakfast: Two eggs (one yolk), slice of whole-grain wheat bread, fruit smoothie (yogurt and banana), skim milk with whey protein and cinnamon.

Lunch: Salad (cup of spinach, cup of Romaine mix, serving of grilled chicken, olive oil, balsamic vinegar), raisins, carrots. Yes, it's true, I didn't have the peppers today. I have three of the four in the fridge, but didn't get them cut up last night. I don't think I'll get to them tomorrow. I'm going to re-evaluate the whole pepper thing. I like the taste, but the peppers in the store these days suck.

Dinner: Baked tilapia, two servings of asparagus, sharp cheddar cheese, prunes, mixed nuts, dark chocolate.

So, if you're keeping track, I only had 8 servings of fruits and veggies today. I have to figure out something to take the place of those bell peppers I'm about to stop using. Feel free to throw in suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment